Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wisconsin




Holloween weekend was spent at the fabulous Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI. I was invited by Nilaja, Donna Diva, and Magda also known as "the Lemmings". This venue was out of control! First of all it was HUGE. The Kalahari boasts water parks, an indoor amusement park, bowling alley, cinema, spa, arcade, go carts, and baby tigers! It is the ultimate event to include your family, there is something for everyone. Because it was holloween weekend there was an element of the bizare. I loved that I could walk around the resort in full Aziza frosting and not look out of place. Friday night was the Hoofla. There were alot of fusion performances to celebrate the holiday. I enjoyed Shira's Bastet dance complete with meowing in the music. I also enjoyed the "soul train" costume dance at the end of the show, and even joined in with my cat woman mask. Saturday was full of workshops. I was joined in teaching duties by Shira, Christine, and Mirah Amal. In the afternoon I was able to enjoy a lunch with my gracious hosts and have my picture taken with a baby tiger named "Liliy"! Saturday night was the Gala show. There was a nice contingency from Chicago including the talented Sonia and two of her troups. It was fun to sit in the audience which was dotted with glow in the dark cocktails. Sunday was another full day of workshops. Unfortunately I had to duck out and head to the airport right after my workshop. It would have been fun to end the event with a splash in the waterpark! If anyone is looking for a Bellydance event to bring the whole family, check out the Northern Lights Bellydance Festival next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment