Monday, October 18, 2010

Latest news


Where in the world has Aziza been this year? I started this year in Israel, Italy, France, Belgium, England, and Spain! I have also visited Japan, Malaysia, and Turkey. In North America I have had the pleasure of teaching and performing in Minneapolis, Orlando, and San Diego.

After many years of traveling and being hosted by hardworking promoters all over the world I finally invited my own guest to join me in Montreal. Not just any guest, but Issam Houshan, master percussionist. Issam is most known for his work with the Bellydance Superstars. I have had the pleasure of working with this talented drummer on a couple of occasions and finally taught with him a couple of years ago at Ya Halla Y All in Texas. We both agreed that we had a great time teaching together and wanted to continue to work together. So August of 2010, with the help from the efficient and hard working Zafirah, we finally made our vision a reality to rousing success. Classes in Drum technique, rhythm identification, finger cymbols, and a drum solo choreography were so well received that we have no choice but to bring him back! This time for the Dreamcamp weeklong intensive in July 2011! I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with this generous and talented artist. Don't miss this special event!

No comments:

Post a Comment